Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My Goal For Learning How to Properly Speak Japanese!

こんにちは!
I thought that it might be good to set a goal for the year in terms of learning and studying Japanese. I've already compiled all of the vocab we've learned into Quizlet flashcards and I will continue to do so throughout the year. When I review the flashcards I will repeat each word out loud not just read them in my head in order to remember how they sound. I want to also figure out which words I have a difficult time pronouncing for me to bring up at office hours or in class.
I will go to office hours at least once a month and I will go to the Japanese table every week. I am also interested in going to the Japanese table at Forbes once a week. While at the Japanese

I will start to re-watch my favorite Japanese films starting with よじんぼ and move on to more modern films. I will try to pay attention to the phrases and vocabulary they use in all of them as I am also interested in the way the Japanese language has changed over the years. I also want to try to get into anime. I have not seen many, but it might be a good idea to re-watch the ones I've already seen ("Fullmetal Alchemist", "Steins Gate", "Cowboy Bebop") as they will be familiar to me and it might be easier to pick up on the way the voice actors talk.
For everything I watch, I will try to copy their pronunciation as well as remember the pitch they use and the context that they use it in.

In terms of daily study, I hope to be able to work on Japanese vocab and/or pronunciation for at least an hour and a half per day.

Thats all for now!
じゃまた!

11 comments:

  1. Glad to know that you like Japanese films. I am also a film lover. 私は映画が好き!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Japanese vocab really hard.....がんばで!

    ReplyDelete
  3. こんばんは! Japanese films are quite interesting--Have you watched Shinobi: Heart under Blade or Twilight Samurai?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I loved Twilight Samurai. Amazing movie. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. こんばんは!Highly recommend a film called Survival styles 5+

    ReplyDelete
  5. こんばんは。I like your idea of starting with materials that you are familiar with first so that you can focus on intonation and gain a larger vocab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. My name is Asuka Saitoh. I’m 19. My hobbies are singing, watching movies and snowboarding. How about you? I work my part-time job at Japanese food restaurant. What Japanese food do you like? I heard from my teacher that you want to develop your Japanese skill. I want to support you. If you have any questions about Japan, ask me. I’m looking forward to your reply.

    よろしくおねがいします。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I like to write poetry, read, and watch movies! My favorite Japanese food is sushi, but I also like yakitori. Thank you very much! Any help would greatly be appreciated!

      Delete